Google Alerts is a great tool for many reasons but it can become quite annoying.
I hate notifications. Well, actually it depends on the type of notification - am I right?
Every day we all spend a great deal of time getting through our inboxes and by setting up Google Alerts, we are adding to this digital clutter.
Last week I finally had had enough and realised I had to turn off Google Alerts, as well as unsubscribe from all the many email lists I had joined over the years.
But it took me a while to actually work out how to stop them - which is why I put together this short guide so that you guys don't have to suffer as I did.
How to turn off Google Alerts
- Go to Google Alerts and log in.
- Next to the Google Alert that you want to turn off, look for the bin icon next to it.
- Clicking it will let you delete the Google Alert itself, as seen below:
Once you have deleted your Google Alert, you will see the following alert show up at the top:
- Log in to the email that you are getting the Google Alerts sent to.
- Open one of the Alerts and scroll the bottom of the email.
- You should see "Unsubscribe" at the bottom of the alert email, like so:
And that's it!
Two simple methods to stop Google Alerts filling up your inbox!
Luckily for me, I only had a few Google Alerts to cancel.
Nonetheless, deleting these few alerts brought me one step closer to regaining control of my inbox.
Let me know down below if you have any issues!