In order to find a word on a page or website, there are several quick options to choose from.
This post will go through these various methods of searching for a word or words on a page.
How to Search for a Word on a Page using CTRL + F or Command + F.
The quickest and easiest way to search for a word on a website is to use the CTRL + F function.
This is available on all the latest versions of top web browsers, like; Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer etc.
- Navigate to the page you want
- Press CTRL + F simultaneously (Command + F for iOS users)
- Enter the word or phrase you want to look for
- Hit Enter
How to Search for a Word on a Page on a Mac with the Menu Bar
If you own a Mac, in addition to using the traditional method of CTRL + F, you can use the Menu bar to find a word or phrase on a website.
- Navigate to the page you want to search
- Go to the menu bar and go to Edit > Find in This Page
- In different versions or browsers, you might see "Find", instead
- Enter the word or phrase you are looking for
- Hit Enter
How to Search For a Word on a Web Page Using the Browser's Menu
Another method of finding a word or specific phrase on a page is to use the browser's menu directly.
Though, this only works with Windows or Linux.
Unfortunately, with Opera or Safari, you will need to try one of the other options listed in this post.
- Go to the page you want to search
- Click the "More" icon, which is located in the top-right corner of the browser.
- This can be in the form of three dots or lines.
- Select Find (or Find in This Page, if applicable)
- Type in the word or phrase you are looking for
- Press Enter
The above will also work with the mobile version too.
How to Search for a Word on a Website Using Google
An excellent way to find words on a website is by using Google.
When I say Google, I don't just mean searching for the word on Google Search.
What I mean is using Google Search Queries.
- Go to Google or the address bar of your browser (most automatically search Google when you input text and hit enter)
- Enter the website and word you want to find like this: site:domain.com keyword
- Hit Enter or Search
And there you have it.
Let me know in the comments if you know of any other methods to do this!